Day 84 Charlottetown, PEI - Two Far 2019 - Coasting Along to the Maritimes - CycleBlaze

July 17, 2019

Day 84 Charlottetown, PEI

We spent some more time exploring Charlottetown today.  

We found another sculpture of two Fathers of Confederation.  These are the two with the same name - John Hamilton Gray, Premier of Prince Edward Island and John Hamilton Gray, a delegate from New Brunswick.

Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

We went to see St. Dunstan's Basilica.  There were costumed interpreters on the front steps, portraying people from the time of the Charlottetown Conference in 1864.

Heart 3 Comment 0
The actors do not break character.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Some interior views:

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 1
Keith A. Spanglerbeautiful image.....the stained glass really sounds out in the dark interior!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Confessional
Heart 1 Comment 0

Next, we walked over to the Confederation Centre of the Arts and watched an outdoor performance by a young, multi-racial cast about the history of  Canada from the perspective of First Nations people and non-European immigrants.  It was very good.

We're looking forward to getting back on the bike and seeing more of PEI tomorrow.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Keith A. SpanglerYou know, I'm getting jealous about you, Kerry, having a photographer on board your ride. I have to stop everything time to get images, you just keep pedaling. Hats off to Jeanna!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago