Day 72 Hancock, ME - Two Far 2019 - Coasting Along to the Maritimes - CycleBlaze

July 5, 2019

Day 72 Hancock, ME

Aggravations and annoyances

Heart 2 Comment 1
Keith A. SpanglerNice profile!!!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago

Summer found us!  It was in the low 90's today and almost felt like home - if home had BIG hills to climb.

Today we accumulated aggravations.  Maneuvering the bike out of the tight space in last night's motel, we broke my mirror.  Kerry,  always prepared, had another one and was able to replace it, but it was an aggravation.  Then he was annoyed when our TyreWiz tire pressure monitor didn't work.  He had to check the tire pressure the old fashioned way with the pump.  I hope he gets that problem fixed because it is really nice to able to check the tire pressure on the Garmin.

We knew we had some big hills to climb today and not as frequent places to stop as we prefer, so that was just an expected challenge.  We used four on the floor twice today, but we got where we needed to go.

Up, up, up
Heart 1 Comment 0

We did have some pretty views today.  All that climbing has some rewards!

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
This is the Lucerne Inn. The main building was built in 1818.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Distant peaks
Heart 1 Comment 0

We felt lucky to have a shorter ride today and got into our B&B inn at 3:00PM.  Unfortunately, our B&B was not ready for us.  Kerry had to walk around the building and try a few doors before he finally got in.  The guy working in the kitchen said we should have gotten an email with our room number and check in instructions.  We didn't.  Someone showed up at 3:15 to CLEAN OUR ROOM.  We weren't able to get into the room until almost 4:30.  Then, the owner appeared and had no indoor storage for our bike (as had been promised to us), so it is outside until they close their on-site restaurant sometime after 9:00.  More annoyances!

We're in our room now and have some good food to eat and are relaxing looking forward to a day with fewer glitches tomorrow.

Today's ride: 38 miles (61 km)
Total: 2,744 miles (4,416 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Mike AylingB&B - Sounds like a comment on TripAdvisor is needed.

Checking tyre pressures I still use the Mk 1 thumb and forefinger method!
Mike
Reply to this comment
4 years ago