Day 61 Plymouth, MA - Two Far 2019 - Coasting Along to the Maritimes - CycleBlaze

June 24, 2019

Day 61 Plymouth, MA

Heart 1 Comment 0

Today we went to the Plimoth Plantation Museum.  They have a re-creation of the original  1620's Pilgrim settlement at Plymouth and also a Wampanoag Native American exhibit from the same time.  We thought it was very well done.  There are interpreters at the colonial village who completely adopt the character of an 1627 resident and talk to you just as if they were that person.  It is supposed to be as historically accurate as they can make it.

Learning about building a dugout canoe
Heart 1 Comment 1
Keith A. SpanglerDo they make a tandem canoe - I beat Kerry asked
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
A summer shelter
Heart 0 Comment 0
A winter shelter. I believe Kerry is thinking "It would be fun to build that."
Heart 0 Comment 0
Interior of a winter shelter
Heart 1 Comment 1
Kerry is holding what we think is a club. Maybe the face is to help it be more ferocious.
Heart 2 Comment 0

I took a picture of these dolls and never noticed the turtle shell on the right until I was editing the pictures in the hotel room tonight.  It must be some kind of plaything.

Heart 0 Comment 0

There were nice pathways between the outdoor areas of the museum.

Heart 1 Comment 0

This is the path into the 1620's village.

Heart 1 Comment 0
All the interpreters did a good job playing their roles.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This goat was loving being feed grasses by the children. He would stick his head out and beg as they walked by.
Heart 2 Comment 0
This tiny girl had managed to gather up all the chickens. I found out she lives on a family farm in Ohio and has chickens there, so she knows what she's doing.
Heart 2 Comment 0

There was a crafts building on the grounds where artisans were making things from the period.  I thought these headdresses looked pretty cool.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

We had a delicious late lunch/early dinner in downtown Plymouth on the way back and now we're resting up to get back on the road tomorrow.

Today's ride: 8 miles (13 km)
Total: 2,309 miles (3,716 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 0