Day 58 Provincetown, MA - Two Far 2019 - Coasting Along to the Maritimes - CycleBlaze

June 21, 2019

Day 58 Provincetown, MA

The first day of summer? Where?

Heart 0 Comment 0

It was yet another wet and chilly day.  Since it was a rest day, that wasn't much of a problem.  We hung around in our room until early afternoon.  By then, the rain had stopped and the temperature had climbed all the way to 61 degrees!

Cape Cod Bay
Heart 1 Comment 1
Keith A. SpanglerSorry for the conditions, I really liked P town
Reply to this comment
4 years ago

We rode the few miles into Provincetown.   There are no chain hotels here.  There are a number of local motels, lots of B&B's and lots of cottages.  This was a long row of cottages with floral names.

Heart 1 Comment 0

Provincetown was very crowded with cars, bikes and pedestrians, but it was a relaxed and comfortable crowded, not a pushing, rushing crowded, if that makes sense.  It made us both think of Key West (during a severe cold snap!).

Heart 1 Comment 1
Keith A. SpanglerKey West you are right. I stayed in a campground on my solo tour up there. Then Tamora Andy stayed at the lighthouse on the northern coast. It is a remote lighthouse that hosts guests. We had to take a four wheeled vehicle.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Heart 0 Comment 0
There were lots of bikes.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A peek at the bay from P-town
Heart 1 Comment 0

 We pedaled through town and had lunch at a small deli.  While we were eating, we saw a couple looking intently at our bike.  Kerry went out to talk for them and had a nice conversation.  They are cyclists and the woman is a member of a bicycle planning and advocacy committee where she lives.  They had plenty of questions about the bike and Kerry loved answering them all.

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0

On the way back to the condo, we stopped at a market to get a few things for supper and breakfast in the morning.  There was a young woman there with her dad who said she'd love to ride a tandem.  Kerry said come on and she was ready.  She borrowed my helmet and they went off for a short ride.  She said she had a great time.  I was so busy talking and watching, I forgot to take any pictures.

Another view of Cape Cod Bay on the way back
Heart 1 Comment 0

We are very excited about tomorrow because it is supposed to be sunny with highs in the 70's.  Wahoo!

Today's ride: 13 miles (21 km)
Total: 2,220 miles (3,573 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0