Day 56 Chatham, MA - Two Far 2019 - Coasting Along to the Maritimes - CycleBlaze

June 19, 2019

Day 56 Chatham, MA

Heart 1 Comment 0

Today we had a real variety of riding conditions.  We started with good roads, then had bad (2 lane, no shoulder, very busy) roads, then good, then a long stretch of bad, followed by some bad bike trail (tight gates at crossings we couldn't get the bike through) and finishing with miles of good bike trail.

Good bike trail - but not much to see except trees.
Heart 1 Comment 0

The weather was OK - very cloudy and chilly most of the day, but we did get a little sunshine late in the afternoon.

It was great to have enough sunshine to make a shadow. It's been cloudy for days.
Heart 2 Comment 1
Keith A. SpanglerHaving same conditions here in Oregon, Ohio today. We heard that this area on Lake Erie is experiencing some of their biggest flooding
now. Crazy. We are miles from Toledo now.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago

The good roads we had early in the day took us along the shore and we had some nice views of the Nantucket Sound.

Heart 1 Comment 0

I've been posting a lot of pictures of sailboats.  Here are some motor yachts.

Heart 1 Comment 0

In Hyannis, we stopped at the maritime museum.

Heart 1 Comment 0
This volunteer spent a lot of time talking about the boats they build and restore. This is a surf boat from the life saving service that will go back to Mystic Seaport after it is restored.
Heart 1 Comment 0
I enjoyed reading the sailing origins of the common expressions. The history of each phrase was on the back of the card.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We got to our motel about 5PM.  It was about 68 degrees - warm enough, I guess, for non-Floridians to enjoy the pool!.  

Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 45 miles (72 km)
Total: 2,167 miles (3,487 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 2
DAVID FAULKNERHyannis..is this the home of the Kennedy Clans family retreat?
I can't imagine how you two say warm each day given the extraordinary amount of rain your having...washing and drying each night?
Surely "summer" will come soon..enough o the 50's and 60's eh!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithYes, the Kennedy compound is near Hyannis - actually Hyannisport, I think.
We haven't really had a lot of rain, but a lot of damp, chilly days. Summer will come eventually, as we keep telling ourselves!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago