Day 126 Jackson's Point, ON - Two Far 2019 - Coasting Along to the Maritimes - CycleBlaze

August 28, 2019

Day 126 Jackson's Point, ON

More today than yesterday

Heart 2 Comment 0

After a delicious breakfast with Flo, (John had to leave early for golf - sound like anybody we know??) we left Lindsay and rode through more country back roads to Jackson's Point.

For the first couple of miles, we had a nice rail-trail.

John and Flo's house sits on land that was once part of this rail line.
Heart 2 Comment 0

The first little town we came to had a bike shop Kerry wanted to check out.

This is the Spokes for Folks bike shop. It advertises itself as "The Biggest Bike Shop in Cambray". With Cambray having a population of 181, It only has to be open Thursday thru Saturday :-)
Heart 2 Comment 0

We saw lots of cows today, a few goats, some sheep and these big horses.

Heart 1 Comment 0

The farms were mostly wheat, corn and soybeans.  

Kerry wondered if this field of beans had some fertilizer applied inconsistently.

The varying shades of green made a pretty field.
Heart 2 Comment 0

The first store we came to was a produce market/bakery/yard art emporium.  We found a team of cyclists there.

Heart 2 Comment 0
And some guys that might want to hangout at the Redd Roost, Tom and Liz.
Heart 3 Comment 0

They had some inside art for sale as well.

This sign inside made us think of a few grandparents we know!
Heart 1 Comment 0
And after four months of total togetherness, this one occasionally applies to us.
Heart 3 Comment 1
Keith A. SpanglerYou are so funny Jeanna! Post the sign on the back of the bike!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago

We rode along the shore of Lake Simcoe for the last several miles.

We didn't have any view of the lake when we first turned onto the lakeside road because every house on the street had huge hedges all the way along their street frontage.  

There's a house back there...
Heart 2 Comment 0
they cut out a space for the driveway and trash container.
Heart 1 Comment 0

But, finally we got a view of the lake.

Lake Simcoe
Heart 2 Comment 0

Our hotel is right on the lake.  We're taking a rest day here tomorrow, so I can get some more nice lake pictures.

Today's ride: 47 miles (76 km)
Total: 4,751 miles (7,646 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 2
DAVID FAULKNERLoved your pictures of Lake Simcoe
Particularly liked the "couples" comment
Your in beautiful part of Ontaio.. Lake Simcoe is a beautiful lake
Enjoy your rest day
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo DAVID FAULKNERThanks, Dave. Looking forward to some fiercely competitive Euchre this weekend.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago