Day 101 Campbellton, NB - Two Far 2019 - Coasting Along to the Maritimes - CycleBlaze

August 3, 2019

Day 101 Campbellton, NB

Heart 1 Comment 0

We took a walk around downtown Campbellton and the riverfront this afternoon.  I found out the what I was calling Chaleur Bay yesterday was the Ristigouche River.  It is very popular for salmon fishing.

Heart 1 Comment 0

Walking along the waterfront, we met Gino and Brigitte.  We walked along together and enjoyed talking with them.  They gave us lots of information about the area.

Heart 1 Comment 0

On the way back to the hotel, we heard music and when we got closer, saw it was a wedding in progress.

Heart 1 Comment 0

The sky was getting very dark and we started seeing lightning across the the river.

Heart 1 Comment 0

We knew we should get back as quickly as we could.  Unfortunately, we took a couple of wrong turns and significantly increased the the distance we had to walk.  We decided to stop at the grocery store to get something to take back to the room so we wouldn't need to go out later.  This all led to our being in the store, just across the street from the hotel, when the storm hit with torrential rain, high wind and hail.  I has tried to make a run for it as soon as the rain started, but it got severe so quickly I had to turn around go back to the store.  After waiting for things to abate a little, we decided we would just go on back to the hotel.  We were both completely soaked when we got back, but showers and warm, dry clothes made everything OK again.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0