Getting the band back together again. - Two Far 2018 - Trailing through the Rust Belt - CycleBlaze

Getting the band back together again.

On Saturday team A drove up from South Florida to rendezvous with team S. We expected Kerry would be happy to see us, he's normally a very friendly guy, but for some reason he seemed reluctant to even shake hands with us.

Heart 2 Comment 1
Steve Miller/GrampiesOuch. Next time do not pick a fight with a sharp object. Hope healing happens soon.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago

Our challenge on Sunday morning was to try to load the bikes, cyclists and baggage into a single car. The key to accomplishing this feat was a bike rack with a specially extended rail that was long enough to accommodate the wheel base of a recumbent tandem. A side by side comparison shows just how much longer the bent bike is than a diamond frame.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0

Once the bikes we're on the rack, dealing with the baggage was a piece of cake.

Heart 1 Comment 0

There was enough seating room in the car for four of us, but one member of the crew had to ride outside.

Heart 2 Comment 0

The forecast called for a chance of rain on Sunday, but we escaped with nothing more than a few drops. The band is back together and we made it out if Florida. Progress!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Rich McKayHmmm... watch out for low bridges and branches!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago