Day 82 Albany, NY - Two Far 2018 - Trailing through the Rust Belt - CycleBlaze

August 6, 2018

Day 82 Albany, NY

Heart 0 Comment 0

Another goal accomplished!  After nine riding days, we completed the Erie Canalway Trail today. 

We had no unpaved trail today, which was really nice.  We did encounter an obstacle as soon as we got on the trail, but it was easily bypassed.  The guys didn't have to do any lumberjack moves to get through.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

We didn't have many views of the river today.  We got a few glimpses here and there, but most of the route was through wooded areas.  That was fine because it was very hot today and the shade was most welcome.

Heart 0 Comment 0

There were many places that had gates barring the trail and paved paths around each side.  I just it was to keep vehicles out, but it was a nuisance on a loaded tandem to maneuver around all those barriers.

Heart 0 Comment 0

After nine days, it was exciting to have the Albany skyline come into view.

Heart 0 Comment 0

As we entered Albany, there were some of the green painted bike lanes that we like so much.  They didn't continue through downtown, but the drivers were all patient and polite as we rode through the city.

Heart 0 Comment 0

Tomorrow we will have a day off to explore Albany before we start on the last leg of our trip.

Today's ride: 33 miles (53 km)
Total: 3,769 miles (6,066 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0