Day 81 Schenectady, NY - Two Far 2018 - Trailing through the Rust Belt - CycleBlaze

August 5, 2018

Day 81 Schenectady, NY

Heart 0 Comment 0

We had a very good time today.  We started with breakfast at our B&B.  The other guests were a young couple with two little children.  It was fun talking to them over breakfast.  

Our route today was almost all paved.  There were a few miles of asphalt that couldn't be more than a few days old.  Thank you, New York, for pavement.  Now some restrooms and shaded benches along the trail would be great.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Much of our route today was adjacent to the New York Thruway.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We rode over this bridge which seems to be only for bikes now.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We got to see two couples from home today.  Our cycling friends, John and Aline, are spending the summer in Saratoga Springs, where they lived before moving to Florida.  They drove down to Schenectady and met us on the trail.  It was great to see them and fun to ride together.  I was so glad to see them that I completely forgot about getting pictures of us together.

After we got to our hotel, we got to see another couple of good friends.  Stan and Cathy sold their house in our neighborhood last fall and are traveling full time in their RV.  They were in Schenectady tonight, so they drove over for a visit and dinner.  It was so good to see them again.  But, I didn't get any pictures of them either.

Today's ride: 46 miles (74 km)
Total: 3,736 miles (6,013 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0