Day 77 Newark, NY - Two Far 2018 - Trailing through the Rust Belt - CycleBlaze

August 1, 2018

Day 77 Newark, NY

Heart 0 Comment 0

We had no Internet in our room on this day, so I am posting a day late.  My fellow blogger was good and sat out in the lobby to his post.  His pictures are almost exact duplicates of what I would have posted, so I will just add a couple of things.

Most of the Erie Canalway is unpaved.  We had some narrow tracks to ride today.  That's Team A in the distance.

Heart 0 Comment 0

I thought this hill of wildflowers someone had planted by their house on the trail was very pretty.

Heart 1 Comment 0

These big red flowers were planted outside our hotel.  What are they?

Heart 0 Comment 2
Gail CullinanAre they a variety of hibiscus?
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo Gail CullinanI don't have any idea what they are. I saw some white ones today, I think.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago

We thought we might have to call a rain day today, but luckily, the light sprinkles we had at the end of the day never developed into anything more.  The trail was a real mess with just that little amount of precipitation though, and the captains had a lot of bike cleaning to do last night. 

The motel in Newark was full of cyclists.  It is always fun talking to other cycle tourists and exchanging stories.  

Today's ride: 38 miles (61 km)
Total: 3,525 miles (5,673 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0