Day 37 Fergus Falls, MN - Two Far 2018 - Trailing through the Rust Belt - CycleBlaze

June 22, 2018

Day 37 Fergus Falls, MN

Heart 0 Comment 0

It was warm! It was sunny!  Team S was happy!

We could see our shadow all day. We haven't had many days like that recently.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We had a great ride today.  The weather was perfect, the trail was good, the scenery was very pretty and we met a bunch of nice people.

All of today's route was on the Central Lakes Trail. It was rough in places, but still a good ride.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We passed many lakes today.  There are a lot of summer cottages and resorts in this area.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

At our first stop, there were two women trying to inflate a bike tire.  Kerry and Alain lent a hand and got them rolling again.  They were part of a group of women on a three day bike tour.  We meet all of them later at lunch in Ashby at the City Restaurant.   Most of the customers were cyclists.

Heart 0 Comment 0
The City Restaurant - in business for 100 years. It must be the place to stop for lunch on the Central Lakes Trail.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We passed a small lake where there were a pair of swans with four cygnets. (I had to Google that)  My pictures came out pretty blurry when I tried to zoom in.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

We are spending the night in Fergus Falls, which is in Otter Tail County, hence this guy guarding the city park.

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 52 miles (84 km)
Total: 1,759 miles (2,831 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0