Day 33 Hutchinson, MN - Two Far 2018 - Trailing through the Rust Belt - CycleBlaze

June 18, 2018

Day 33 Hutchinson, MN

Heart 0 Comment 0

We started with yet another rain delay this morning.  We always think about the sleep we could have had, but it is worth waiting as long as it takes to ride dry.

We left about 10AM with just a light mist.  There was no more rain, but it was very cloudy all day and really cool.  The high was in the low 70's and we got to enjoy a stiff headwind most of the day. (Right before we stopped for lunch, Kerry commented that he would prefer mid-90's with a tailwind :-) )

Much of the day, we had roads like this with good shoulders. We also had twelve miles of hellish rumble strips cut right across the middle of the shoulder. Why do they do such stupid things to cyclists?
Heart 0 Comment 0

There has been a lot of rain in this area recently and many fields are flooded.  Ponds and lakes and rivers are very high.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

We are still riding through areas that are almost exclusively farms.

Heart 0 Comment 0
There are plenty of modern barns and silos, but the old ones are more photogenic
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

We stopped for lunch at the Brownton Bar and Grill.  

Heart 0 Comment 0

It was very good and the best thing was the sauerkraut and meatball soup Kerry and Viktoriya had.  It sounds unusual, but it was delicious.

Just outside of Hutchinson is Lake Marion. There are homes all along the shoreline.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 49 miles (79 km)
Total: 1,530 miles (2,462 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0