A dangerous trail. - Two Far 2018 - Trailing through the Rust Belt - CycleBlaze

A dangerous trail.

Today we went for a luggage-free ride on the Leelanau trail with Geoff and Marty. To get to the Leelanau trail, we first had to cross Traverse City on the TART trail. A nice feature of the TART was a model of the solar system. The planets were no to scale, but the distance between the planets was to scale. We got on the trail somewhere between Neptune and Uranus and started heading towards the Sun. We had to turn off the trail before we reached the inner solar system.

Uranus.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Saturn.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Jupiter.
Heart 0 Comment 0

One I the other side of Traverse City we got on the Leelanau trail and headed up the pinky finger for Sutton's Bay. Being an old rail line, the Leelanau trail is tandem/recumbent friendly. However, the signage on the trail made it clear that this is one of the most dangerous trails in the world.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
The trail passes by an assisted living facility. The residents enjoy going for walks on the trail.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

It seems incredible, but somehow all 6 of us survived the trail. Because we had been passing both hair-raising dangers and cherry orchards all day, we were in the mood for a fresh cherry pie. We hopped in Geoff and Marty's van and drove to a pie store that Marty assured us had the best pie in Traverse City. We got there 6 minutes after they closed. So we drove to the place with the second best pie in Traverse City, but they were closed too. So we drove to a Tom's grocery store and got a genic grocery store cherry pie, plus some wine and snacks to make the pie more appealing.

We took over the business center at the hotel to eat our snacks and pie.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0