We can do that too - Two Far 2016 - Florida to Ontario: A Round Trip - CycleBlaze

June 17, 2016

We can do that too

North Carolina roads continue to be excellent. US 17 had a wonderful shoulder today, with shade from tall pine trees as a bonus. Later on as we rode through Croatan National Forest the road had almost no traffic and beautiful shade from old oaks and pines.

Croatan National Forest
Heart 0 Comment 0

Obviously a lot of work goes into maintaining the roads. One rural road near the national forest needed some work and a road crew was out there patching the asphalt. A flagger held up a sign saying "STOP".

We can do that - a break is always welcome.

After a couple of minutes a line of cars coming from the other direction appeared. After they had cleared the construction area the flagger turned his sign around so that it said "SLOW".

We can do that too! In fact going slow is one of our specialties. Off we went, following both the letter and the spirit of the law.

Cool weather is predicted for tomorrow. On the face of it that is good news. But consider please, where is this cool air coming from? Up North, that's where. And how is that cool northern air getting here? On wind blowing from the North, that's how. And which way are we slated to ride tomorrow? Into a head wind, that's where.

Oh well, we can do that too...

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0