Day 61 Waynesville to Clarksville - Two Far 2016 - Florida to Ontario: A Round Trip - CycleBlaze

July 31, 2016

Day 61 Waynesville to Clarksville

Today was just an awesome cycle touring day. We rode down the trail on a gentle downhill slope and enjoyed views of the Little Miami River.

Caesar's Creek - Little Miami River
Heart 0 Comment 0

We had arranged to meet a couple Kerry had met briefly in Inverness when we got to Morrow. They turned out to be a wonderful couple - and Mitch came with a cold Diet Coke for Kerry!

A Diet Coke from a new friend!
Heart 0 Comment 0

We rode down to Loveland, which is a true bike centric town and talked and laughed our way through a long lunch.

Loveland - bicycle town
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Mitch and Michelle, it was a real pleasure getting to know you and we really hope we will see you again. Thanks for lunch and coming to ride with us - and, please, get that tandem!

Lunch with Michelle and Mitch
Heart 0 Comment 0
Mitch Michelle Alain
Heart 0 Comment 0

We had an exciting first as bicycle tourists in Loveland. As we were parking our bikes for lunch, a couple sitting at the restaurant recognized us from our Crazy Guy blog. That was a cool thing!

Crazy Guy fans at Loveland
Heart 0 Comment 0

After lunch, we had some more strenuous riding (to justify the ice cream to come!) and arrived at the farm belonging to a woman whom we had met on the C&O canal trail a couple of years ago. She and her partner had invited us to stay when they found out we would be in the area. Unfortunately, Tracy had to be away on a family trip, but Carolyn welcomed us and made us right at home. We met all the dogs and cats and horses and explored the farm. We relaxed outside on the swings and gliders and Kerry had the perfect afternoon nap in the hammock. Viktoriya, who is always looking for more vegetables, was very happy with a dinner including squash, beets and beans from the garden.

The farm
Heart 0 Comment 0
The garden
Heart 0 Comment 0
The farm
Heart 0 Comment 0

We've had a lot of good days on this trip, but this one is going to stand out as one of the best.

Today's ride: 48 miles (77 km)
Total: 2,904 miles (4,674 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0