Day 56 Millersburg to Zanesville - Two Far 2016 - Florida to Ontario: A Round Trip - CycleBlaze

July 26, 2016

Day 56 Millersburg to Zanesville

We had a great day today. We left Millersburg early - a little after 7:00AM - to get some miles in before it got too hot. I was all worried last night about the hills we had to climb today. Like always, I worried way too much about way too little. It was a hilly route, but Kerry and I were a good team. We worked, but we didn't struggle.

The first few miles were on the Holmes County Trail which we started yesterday. Then we were on an Ohio state route that was very good for cycling. We went up and down the hills and enjoyed the scenery.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

This was a friends and family day for Team S. We had a good visit and delicious lunch with Kerry's Aunt Katie and Uncle Fred. See Alain's post next for a good picture.

After lunch, we went over to see Betty and Evelyn Brown. Betty was Kerry's childhood best friend and he called Evelyn his "second mother". It was fun to see them and catch up on our lives since we saw them last. We also enjoyed meeting Betty's canine child, Rachel. She wasn't real comfortable with four strangers in the house, but we had a good time trying to make friends with her.

So today was full of hill conquering accomplishment and heart warming time with good friends and family. What could be better?

Today's ride: 60 miles (97 km)
Total: 2,777 miles (4,469 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0