Day 55 Wellington to Millersburg - Two Far 2016 - Florida to Ontario: A Round Trip - CycleBlaze

July 25, 2016

Day 55 Wellington to Millersburg

We had a very good breakfast this morning at the Wellington Country Inn. Our route for today was south through north central Ohio down to the town of Millersburg. It was pretty uneventful day, but very hot. We're still riding through farmland, mostly corn and soybeans.

Ohio vista
Heart 0 Comment 0
More farm photos
Heart 0 Comment 0
Team A ahead
Heart 0 Comment 0

Our first stop was in the small town of Lodi. Alain and I were sitting in the town park, waiting for Kerry and Viktoriya who went in the store. Two guys who were obviously municipal employees came in to check the park fountain. They were asking about our trip and one of them looked at me and asked how old I was. When I told him, the other guy spoke up and said "See, there's still hope for us." I guess it's good to make young people feel encouraged to see their elders still out and about, alive and kicking!

As we got south of Wooster, OH, we started seeing some Amish farms.

Farm view from Amish store
Heart 0 Comment 0

The last leg of our route was on the Holmes County Trail. It has the unique design of a lane for bikes and another for horses and buggies.

Two lanes
Heart 0 Comment 0
Keeping on the correct side
Heart 0 Comment 0

We're staying tonight at the Hotel Millersburg, an old hotel built in 1847. It had modern conveniences (like electricity and running water!) but still a classic old hotel feel.

Hotel Millersburg
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our suite
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0