Day 48 Queenston to Dundas - Two Far 2016 - Florida to Ontario: A Round Trip - CycleBlaze

July 18, 2016

Day 48 Queenston to Dundas

Today was a travel day. We didn't do much sightseeing, just tried to get on to the next overnight stop. The headwinds were very strong today and even though we had no significant climbs, it was a challenging day. At our second rest stop of the day, Viktoriya and I walked over to a market and found fresh black currants. I've had dried currants, but not fresh ones. They were very good.

A real change - Kerry eating fruit and Alain eating chips
Heart 0 Comment 0

We plowed on into the wind, stopped for a Subway lunch and got back on the bikes for more windy miles. We took what we thought would be our last break at a park in Hamilton right on Lake Ontario.

Rest stop at park in Hamilton
Heart 0 Comment 0
Obligatory lake picture
Heart 0 Comment 0
Second obligatory lake picture
Heart 0 Comment 0

What turned out to be our last break from riding came a few miles later at a bike shop in Hamilton. Kerry had been hearing a noise from his right crank all day and it had gotten bad. Alain stopped a guy on the street and asked where we could find a bike shop. He gave us directions to a place nearby that turned out be an excellent shop. Kerry went in and told the mechanic about his problem. The guy came right out, checked it, rolled the bike into the store and with assistance from another guy there had it fixed a just a few minutes. Kerry tried to pay, but they refused to accept any money. So, thank you Main Cycle - you guys saved the day!

Thank you, Main Cycle
Heart 0 Comment 0
and all the crew!
Heart 0 Comment 0

We finally checked in to our B&B about 6PM, then went out to a delicious Thai dinner with our Canadian snowbird/Meadowcrest friends Sharon and Dave. It was so good to see friends after so many weeks on the road and Sharon and Dave are always fun. We had a very good time with them.

Today's ride: 59 miles (95 km)
Total: 2,403 miles (3,867 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0