Day 45 Erie to Irving, NY - Two Far 2016 - Florida to Ontario: A Round Trip - CycleBlaze

July 15, 2016

Day 45 Erie to Irving, NY

We left Erie this morning and rode north with a strong tailwind which we enjoyed all day. The weather was just beautiful.

Lake Erie
Heart 0 Comment 0

North of Erie are miles of vineyards. Most of them are contract growers for Welch's.

Heart 0 Comment 0

There are a few small wineries. We stopped at one "for breakfast" and sampled some wine. The wine wasn't very impressive, but we all had a good time. Team A and sampled and Kerry took a little nap! We entered state number eight on this trip when we crossed into New York. There is a golf course right at the state line and we recruited a golfer to take our Team Two Far picture.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

A few miles up the road we stopped for lunch and had a nice talk with a group riding their motorcycles. We learned yesterday that this is the week of a bike rally in Erie. There were lots and lots of bikers. While we were talking with them, a truck with towing a trailer with several bicycles pulled into the parking lot. Kerry and Alain had to go to check it out. Turns out it was a SAG for a group of riders - mostly teens - going from Cincinnati to Niagara Falls. We caught up with the riding group after lunch and got a couple of pictures.

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 67 miles (108 km)
Total: 2,221 miles (3,574 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0