Day 38 Rockwood to Connellsville - Two Far 2016 - Florida to Ontario: A Round Trip - CycleBlaze

July 8, 2016

Day 38 Rockwood to Connellsville

We rode downhill (almost) all day on the GAP. We had our 2nd rain shower of the trip - it lasted about 60 seconds. The trail was quiet and serene.

The GAP
Heart 0 Comment 0

We passed a few other cyclists, but not nearly as many as on the C&O. We did pass on family riding a triple and two tandems, but we didn't stop to talk.The first half of today's route was along the Casselman River.

Casselman River
Heart 0 Comment 0

At the aptly named Confluence, the Casselman flows into the Youghiogheny, locally called just "The Yough", which actually rhymes with "rock".

Youghiogheny River
Heart 0 Comment 0

Confluence is a little more prosperous looking than some of the other little towns along the trail. It had a small "downtown" with a very good bike shop, the Confluence Cyclery. Kerry had a long conversation with the owner, who asked for a picture to put on his Facebook page. That's two bike shops that have posted about us now!

Talking with owner of Confluence Cyclery
Heart 0 Comment 0

The next town after Confluence is Ohiopyle which is a tourist town centered on cycling and rafting on the Class III rapids on the Yough.

Our captains
Heart 0 Comment 0

We saw a few small waterfalls today. This one was very pretty.

Waterfall
Heart 0 Comment 0
Nature photography in progress
Heart 0 Comment 0

After a final rest stop, we got into Connellsville around 3PM.

Rest stop
Heart 0 Comment 0

The beautiful Connellsville Bed and Breakfast will be our home for two nights while we enjoy a day off from cycling tomorrow.

Today's ride: 46 miles (74 km)
Total: 1,906 miles (3,067 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0