Day 23 in Jamestown - Two Far 2016 - Florida to Ontario: A Round Trip - CycleBlaze

June 23, 2016

Day 23 in Jamestown

When we woke up this morning, it was raining. Since this was not a cycling day, we didn't care at all. We had a lazy, relaxing morning here in our condo. We taught Team A to play Nine Hole and they tromped us.

About 10:30, it was clearing up, so we did a very 21st thing and called Uber. (Team A's 25 year old son provided a little technical advice and Viktoriya set up her account and ordered our ride. It was the first Uber for all of us.) We went to the Historic Jamestowne site owned by the NPS. It was pretty cool to see the actual site of the settlement and see the archeological work in progress. The was a museum of many of the artifacts which have been recovered, but photography was not allowed in the building.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

## 06-23_Statehouse.jpg #

Heart 0 Comment 0

By the time we were ready to leave, it was just starting to rain. Uber didn't have a ride available for us, so we decided to walk a mile up the road to the Jamestown Settlement. We kept getting just a little rain. At one point, a UPS driver stopped and warned us of an approaching storm. I don't know what he thought we could do about it walking along a road with no place to take shelter.

Heart 0 Comment 0

We made it to the Jamestown Settlement Visitors Center and tried Uber again, still with no luck. Kerry went to ask about cabs and came back a few minutes later with a woman from the visitor services department who was getting off work in an hour and offered us all a ride back to the condo. Kerry does have that gift! We thanked her and went to get something to eat while we waited for her to finish work. As we were finishing our food, we contacted Uber again and were able to arrange a ride. So, the nice woman didn't have to drive us after all, but we really appreciated her willingness to help. I'm sorry that we didn't get her name so we could thank her in the journal.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0