Conway rest day - Two Far 2016 - Florida to Ontario: A Round Trip - CycleBlaze

June 13, 2016

Conway rest day

Our rest day was based in a Comfort Suites hotel located between Conway and the beach. There is supposed to be a nice river walk in Conway but getting into Conway from the hotel would have involved a harrowing bike ride through the traffic on US 501. We decided to skip the river walk and give the bike a rest. We treated the bike to a trip to spa - wiping it down with rags donated by the hotel and using a toothbrush, also donated by the hotel, to clean the chain. We supplied our own polish and chain lube. The bike deserved the spa treatment after our dirt road expedition yesterday.

It was a good thing we were not trying to make an early start this morning. The hotel was supposed to serve breakfast from 6:00 - 10:00. Kerry went down at 7:00 and found they were still not ready to serve breakfast because someone had not showed up. We tried again at 8:00, they were serving food by then but the dining room was full. At least one high school softball team was staying at the hotel and trying to finish breakfast before going off to compete in a tournament.

We took a walk around the area and came across a bunch of feral cats waiting expectantly in a parking lot. Sure enough a cat lady drove up and served them dinner from a large supply of cat food in the trunk of her car. The only reason that we are able to take enough time away from home for this bike trip is that our friend Michael has generously agreed to take care of our cats Ginny and Nika while we are gone. We are lucky indeed to have such a cat lover for a friend.

Conway cat convention
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0