Day 66: Lunenburg, NS to Boutiliers Point, NS - Two Far 2017 - Florida to the Canadian Maritimes - CycleBlaze

July 2, 2017

Day 66: Lunenburg, NS to Boutiliers Point, NS

It was another gray and dreary day. It rained early, but had stopped by about 10:30 AM, so we didn't get too late a start. On the way out of Lunenburg we passed Dina from Ironworks on her way to work, we assume. Hi Dina, nice to see you again!

There were some puddles in the road, but Kerry was able to avoid them and we stayed dry all day. I can't say the same for staying warm. It was OK until about the last hour when we had that cold wind pick up. We miss summer!!

Our first stop today was in the village of Mahone Bay. It has lots of nice houses and beautiful boats and streets lined with artsy tourist shops. We stopped at Tim Horton's for a late breakfast and while we were there, there were a few minutes of sunshine. We were so excited, but it was not to be. The thick clouds reformed and we never saw any real sun the rest of the day.

I took a couple of pictures in the village of Gold River. We were right along the coast for miles today.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

We had lunch at the Trellis Café in Hubbards. It was excellent. Good food helps a lot on a cloudy day. There are no restaurants within 5 miles of our motel tonight, so we brought subs, chips and cookies with us from Hubbards.

This motel is not terrible, but low on the list of places we've stayed so far. However, the WIFI is good and the shower works, so we're set for the night. These guys were out front to greet us when we arrived.

Heart 0 Comment 0

Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and 74 degrees. We can't wait!

Today's ride: 44 miles (71 km)
Total: 2,681 miles (4,315 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0