Day 52: Bucksport, ME to Milbridge, ME - Two Far 2017 - Florida to the Canadian Maritimes - CycleBlaze

June 18, 2017

Day 52: Bucksport, ME to Milbridge, ME

It was another gray, chilly, damp day. We are so missing our Florida sunshine! The whole route today was on US 1. We had a good wide shoulder most of the way and the traffic was light.

Beautiful lupines of all colors are everywhere in Maine
Heart 0 Comment 0
Bees love lupines
Heart 0 Comment 0

We are getting away from the tourist towns now. The convenience stores where we stop sell hunting gear instead of beach house knick knacks and lobster themed novelties.

We had some nice scenery but the fog and clouds were so thick there wasn't much of a view. I'm glad we hadn't been looking forward to a trip to Acadia all the way up here. We would been very disappointed. We've been to Acadia twice before and decided when we planned our route not to ride over there. Once today we had enough sun to cast a shadow on the road. I reached for my camera to show at least a moment of sunshine, but in the 20 seconds it took me to get the camera out, the sun was gone.

This was our view of Acadia across Frenchman's Bay
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our scenic vistas today - if you look closely, you can see a mountain peak in the clouds.
Heart 0 Comment 0
An old roadside attraction south of Milbridge on US 1
Heart 0 Comment 0

Tomorrow is a short 30 mile ride to Machias. We're going to do laundry and try to find a place to get haircuts. It will be nice to have an early day.

Today's ride: 51 miles (82 km)
Total: 2,160 miles (3,476 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0