Day 41: Sturbridge, MA - Two Far 2017 - Florida to the Canadian Maritimes - CycleBlaze

June 7, 2017

Day 41: Sturbridge, MA

Today was a great day because it was 70 degrees and mostly sunny. After yesterday, that's all it took to make us very happy.

We are staying at the Old Sturbridge Inn which is adjacent to Old Sturbridge Village.

The Inn - our room is at the far left. It's a very nice place.
Heart 0 Comment 0

It was an easy walk to the historic village and we spent all day there. The OSV recreates life in this area in the 1830's and is an interesting place to visit.

Old Sturbridge Village
Heart 0 Comment 0

There are about 40 buildings, most of which have been relocated from surrounding areas and restored. A few are newly built reproductions constructed to look like the originals. There are costumed interpreters to talk about life in the 1830's.

There was a clock museum with "tall clocks" They weren't called grandfather clocks.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We didn't know that even the young children drank hard cider - 6-8% alcohol
Heart 0 Comment 0
The tinsmith gave a good talk.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The potter at work
Heart 0 Comment 0
The potter's kiln
Heart 0 Comment 0
The front yard with flowers, lawn and picket fences was just starting to be fashionable at this time.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We have been here before so none of it was really new to us but we enjoyed walking around and seeing everything. Mostly, we enjoyed not being cold.

I had to get some animal pictures - chickens
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cows
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sheep
Heart 0 Comment 0
The sign says don't touch...
Heart 0 Comment 0
but Kerry ignores such things!
Heart 0 Comment 0
And these little caterpillar critters were everywhere
Heart 0 Comment 0
Does anyone know what they are? The scads of kids there were having a lot of fun playing with them.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Tomorrow we are riding to Marlborough, MA over more hills and through more small towns. It should be a nice ride and we won't need our jackets!!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0