Day 33: East Stroudsburg, PA - Two Far 2017 - Florida to the Canadian Maritimes - CycleBlaze

May 30, 2017

Day 33: East Stroudsburg, PA

Today was the laziest day we've had on our trip so far. We haven't left the hotel. Breakfast was excellent, and since I could have it at 9AM, I enjoyed it. I did a little laundry and Kerry fine-tuned our upcoming routes. We started to go out to lunch, but it was just too cold for us to walk the 1/2 mile to a restaurant. Instead we had snacks in our room to tide us over until the hotel served their complimentary pizza and salad in the evening. It is so nice to be able to eat at the hotel when travelling by bicycle and the weather is crummy.

It hasn't rained today, but it is very gray and dreary again. These Floridians miss the sunshine! There is a 50% chance of rain tomorrow, but highs are supposed to be in the mid 70's, so at least we won't be as cold as we were on yesterday's ride.

Tomorrow we're riding through the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. We have over 40 miles with no stores, so it will be a Diet Coke-less ride. We'll have to get by on water and whatever snacks we bring with us. What sacrifices we have to make!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0