Day 30: St. Peters Village, PA to Horsham, PA - Two Far 2017 - Florida to the Canadian Maritimes - CycleBlaze

May 27, 2017

Day 30: St. Peters Village, PA to Horsham, PA

We had a good ride today that started with an excellent breakfast. The Inn sends its guests next door to the bakery for a continental breakfast. We had a fresh fruit plate that was just perfect and a plate of assorted baked goods that were wonderful too. There's fruit and pastry and then there's fruit and pastry. That's what we had this morning.

Dinner last night was excellent as well. We ate at the Inn and had an antipasto platter that was the best we've ever had. (The onions marinated in balsamic vinegar were fantastic). St. Peters Village is a great place for food. It is definitely a place we'd return to if we're ever in the area again.

While we were having our breakfast, Pixie, the touring cyclist we met yesterday, came in. It was fun to run into her again. We crossed paths with her a couple of times during the day. We saw many cyclists on the road today. We must have been on a route that is popular with local riders. We didn't run into anyone else touring, though.

We saw this swinging bridge this morning.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We didn't see many farms today, but passed a lot of very large estate homes.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's route too us through Valley Forge. We went in Washington's headquarters house and the visitor center and just rode around the park.

Valley Forge
Heart 0 Comment 0
Washington's headquarters at valley Forge
Heart 0 Comment 0
George Washington slept here
Heart 0 Comment 0

The trail through the park connects with the Schuylkill River Trail. It was nice to have 10 miles on a FLAT rail trail. The trail was very busy with cyclists, joggers and walkers on a holiday weekend.

We stopped for lunch in Ambler, PA at a Mexican place. The food was fine, but the restaurant was COLD. We had our nachos appetizer and left - it was so uncomfortable in there. On the way out, we had a long conversation with a family of cyclists about our trip. They had lots of questions about cycle touring. If you guys are reading this, it was nice talking to you.

We met another person today at an earlier stop who said his parents lived in The Villages. I think when people ask where we're from in Florida, we need to change "a small town 70 miles north of Tampa" to "a small town 40 miles west of The Villages". So many people we meet have family who live there.

A couple of weeks ago in Bennettsville, SC, we were interviewed at lunch for the local paper. The editor sent us a copy of the article this week.

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 44 miles (71 km)
Total: 1,400 miles (2,253 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0