Day 126: Zanesville, OH - Two Far 2017 - Florida to the Canadian Maritimes - CycleBlaze

August 31, 2017

Day 126: Zanesville, OH

We stopped in Zanesville today to visit one of Kerry's very good friends and her Mom, who Kerry often called his "second mother". Those of you who read last year's journal may remember that we were here with Team A on the Ohio Friends and Family leg of our 2016 tour.

Kerry and Betty grew up together and were friends "before they were born" as their mothers were friends during their pregnancies. Kerry spent a lot of hours at Betty's house, where Evelyn and her late husband, Jim, had a pool table in their basement. They are the reason Kerry often comes home on Monday night with a pocket full of quarters.

Happy Birthday, Evelyn. 91 looks great on you.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Before going out to lunch to celebrate Evelyn's 91st birthday, we got to see two of the neighborhood youngsters in the yard next door. They got up and walked toward me as I was taking the pictures.

These two like to hangout behind the house next door.
Heart 0 Comment 0
As I started taking pictures, they stood up...
Heart 0 Comment 0
And, instead of walking back into the trees, they walked toward me...
Heart 0 Comment 0
then, walked back into the woods
Heart 0 Comment 0

Tomorrow, we will start the drive back to Florida and arrive home Saturday evening. I'll do a final post this weekend.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0