Day 120: Bowmanville, ON to Pickering, ON - Two Far 2017 - Florida to the Canadian Maritimes - CycleBlaze

August 25, 2017

Day 120: Bowmanville, ON to Pickering, ON

We had a nice short day today, only 36 miles. Much of it was on Ontario's Waterfront Trail, which is a mix of on and off road segments. The on road segments were all fine. The off road segments ranged from smooth paved trails to muddy, rocky paths. I didn't get pictures at the worst places.

Some parts of the Waterfront Trail were like this...
Heart 0 Comment 0
And some were like this
Heart 0 Comment 0
We rode in front of a big GM plant
Heart 0 Comment 0

The trail really was waterfront for much of the day. We had beautiful views of Lake Ontario and went through several nice community parks.

There was a really nice community park at Oshawa
Heart 0 Comment 0
Some views of Lake Ontario today
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
I think this may have been a sailing class. The sailboats were going around in a circle and there was a power boat running among them.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Kerry HATES windy, twisty trails with constant stops and lots of pedestrians, so today was not his favorite day. At least it was short.

We got to the Comfort Inn and were able to roll the bike into the room from the parking lot which is so convenient. Our laundry is in the washer, which was way overdue. Tomorrow, we will get to our friends Dave and Sharon's home for a three night stay, so all is good in our world this afternoon.

Today's ride: 36 miles (58 km)
Total: 4,753 miles (7,649 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0