Day 118: Picton, ON to Brighton, ON - Two Far 2017 - Florida to the Canadian Maritimes - CycleBlaze

August 23, 2017

Day 118: Picton, ON to Brighton, ON

We had a good day today in spite of headwinds and lack of sunshine. We left Picton about 8:45 and quickly got out into nice farmlands.

Farm
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cows
Heart 0 Comment 0
Corn
Heart 0 Comment 0
Kerry said this is hops
Heart 0 Comment 0

It wasn't long before we were riding along the shore of Lake Ontario and some large beautiful homes. There were also numerous wineries in that area. Wineries are the recently developed tourist draw for Prince Edward County. We stopped at Sandlbanks Winery. It is very attractive and obviously built for visitors. The staff was very welcoming and the wine was good.

Sandbanks Winery
Heart 0 Comment 0

We saw a number of other cyclists today. We stopped and talked with the Charbonneau's from Montreal who were on their way home from a trip to Niagara Falls. They're going to be in St. Petersburg this winter, so we hope we might see them again.

The Charbonneau's on the way home to Montreal.
Heart 0 Comment 0

By early afternoon some very dark clouds had rolled in. We pedaled fast to make it to a restaurant before the rain started. We got just a few drops, then while we were eating, things cleared up.

After lunch, we rode around the Presqile Provincial Park before we came into Brighton and checked in to our B&B. It has a comfortable living room where I am writing this post.

Living room at the B&B
Heart 0 Comment 0

Kerry is here, too, but he is NOT sleepy and he DOES NOT want to go up to our room. He wants to work on his computer.

No, he is not sleepy.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 53 miles (85 km)
Total: 4,661 miles (7,501 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0