Day 107: Saint- Jovite, QC - Two Far 2017 - Florida to the Canadian Maritimes - CycleBlaze

August 12, 2017

Day 107: Saint- Jovite, QC

We spent today getting a tour of Mont Tremblant, then this evening we went to a party with Jacques' niece and nephew.

Mont Tremblant is a ski resort that is busy with tourists in the summer as well. We took the cabriolet up the mountain and walked back down past the shops and restaurants. Even though it was raining on and off, the village was full of people.

Mont Tremblant cabriolet - a free ride up to the top of the village
Heart 0 Comment 0
Mont Tremblant village
Heart 0 Comment 0
Kerry and Jacques at Mont Tremblant
Heart 0 Comment 0

We saw this group of Japanese children all lined up on their bikes. I'm not sure if they were going to just ride or race, but they were posing for pictures when we saw them.

Kids all lined up on their bikes. We didn't see what they were preparing to do.
Heart 0 Comment 0

The village is getting ready for their local Ironman triathlon next Sunday. Jacques has volunteered with the event for several years and took us around to see the various venues.

Jacques' niece Dianne and her husband Stephane invited us to join them for a party at a friend's house tonight. There were about 20 people there and we had a very good time. The food was excellent and we meet a bunch of very nice people. The host and hostess are cyclists and had a 35 year old tandem which Kerry went to see, but he didn't get a picture.

Jacques in the blue shirt - the life of the party
Heart 0 Comment 0
Jacques' niece Dianne on the far right and her husband Stephane on her right
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our host, Alan. Thanks for a great party!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Jacques and Lise are joining us tomorrow on their tandem for our ride back to Sainte-Adele.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0