Day 106: Sainte-Adele, QC to Saint-Jovite, QC - Two Far 2017 - Florida to the Canadian Maritimes - CycleBlaze

August 11, 2017

Day 106: Sainte-Adele, QC to Saint-Jovite, QC

Today started with our friends Jacques and Lise meeting us at our B&B.

Jacques and Lise met us this morning.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Lise had some family engagements and couldn't join us, so she dropped Jacques off with us and went back to Ottawa. Jacques rode with us up the P'tit Train du Nord trail to his chalet in St. Jovitz near Mont Tremblant. We had a great day. The trail surface was fine for our bike. We didn't have any problems with the stone dust surface. The trail runs along the Riviere du Nord and has some beautiful views.

Kerry and Jacques on the trail
Heart 0 Comment 0
The P'tit Train du Nord trail
Heart 0 Comment 0
View of the trail
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Riviere du Nord
Heart 0 Comment 0
Waterfall view from the trail
Heart 0 Comment 0
On the trail near Val-David
Heart 0 Comment 0
The trail is on an old railway line cut through the mountains
Heart 0 Comment 0

We stopped for lunch in Ste. Agathe. The weather was beautiful today, so we enjoyed dining outside talking and people watching.

After lunch, we rode on into St. Jovite where we are staying for two nights. On the way to the house, we detoured into town where Jacques took us to his barber to get us both badly needed haircuts. We feel much better now.

Our new, much more comfortable, cuts
Heart 0 Comment 0

Our ride ended with a very steep climb up to the house. Garmin measured the grade at 18% at the steepest part. We definitely needed our lowest 4-on-the-floor gear to get up the hill. Now we've had an excellent lasagna dinner left for us by Lise (thank-you!) and are looking forward to a guided tour and family bar-b-que tomorrow afternoon.

Today's ride: 40 miles (64 km)
Total: 4,256 miles (6,849 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0