Day 101: Richmond, QC to Drummondville, QC - Two Far 2017 - Florida to the Canadian Maritimes - CycleBlaze

August 6, 2017

Day 101: Richmond, QC to Drummondville, QC

It was cold today! We didn't leave until 10:45 and it was about 58 with thick clouds and a brisk, cold wind. We put on our layers and managed to stay reasonably comfortable. Our route was only 30 miles today, which was good.

We had breakfast at the campground café before we left. The food was good and the cook was very patient with our attempts to order, with his limited English and our limited French. The meals at the café were one of the highlights of our stay.

Last night we went to the "fest" they had. It was supposed to be a New Year's dinner, not Thanksgiving as I thought. Campgrounds around here all celebrate "Christmas in July" on July 25th, so these guys decided to stay with the theme and celebrate New Year's in early August. When we first arrived, we were a little uncomfortable because we seemed to be the only English speakers and the other people at our table didn't seem very friendly. They were all drinking their wine and having a great time together and we were feeling rather left out. But this guy, whom I had talked to earlier, came up and sat next to us and then we had a great time. He and his wife (who was helping serve the meal) summer here and winter on the North Carolina coast. They have recently started RV'ing full time and we had fun talking to him. The food was excellent so it turned into an enjoyable evening. The building was getting cold after we ate, so we decided not to stay for the music.

There wasn't much to take pictures of today. We got this view of the river as we left Richmond.

The Saint Francis River
Heart 0 Comment 0

We didn't see anything else that motivated to stop in the cold until we came across this. If it had been warmer, we might have been tempted to visit, but there was no way we were going to partake in their activities today!

It wasn't a good day to make a visit to this place.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We arrived in Drummondville before 2PM and were able to check into our hotel. We've had lunch, stocked up on snacks for the next few days and done all the laundry, so now we're ready for an evening of mindless TV and computer games.

Tomorrow we get to take another ferry across the St. Lawrence River into the village of Berthierville. It's supposed to be partly sunny with a high of 71. That sounds great after today.

Today's ride: 30 miles (48 km)
Total: 4,075 miles (6,558 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0