California today! - Promise me Fun and Sun! - CycleBlaze

February 20, 2020

California today!

Already through Oregon???

Our room last night in East Coos Bay
Heart 0 Comment 0

It was one of those sleep just a little nights but I woke up at 6am and headed for the shower. We were up and out by 9am and it was another pretty day. The views were inspiring. We split the driving differently. Yesterday, Stephen drove the first 120 miles or so and by that time I didn't feel like doing anything and I drove the next bunch of miles to Coos Bay. Today we switched out every 50 miles and that was so much better. 

Look at this beautiful day we have. Is it really still February?
Heart 0 Comment 0
We had to stop and take a picture!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Checkpoint as we head into California. He just said to have a nice day!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Driving through the Redwoods is very relaxing. They are so big and beautiful!
Heart 0 Comment 0
A slide! The road is down to one lane but we are just thankful we can get through. If you are on a road crew for 101, you have job security!
Heart 0 Comment 0
How long before more comes down?
Heart 0 Comment 0
But it is so worth it! Thanks Caltrans!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Today the road was straighter and there were places it was four lane. We zipped right along.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Coming into the Rio Dell area which is just north of the Avenue of Giants!
Heart 0 Comment 0
We are going to do some hill work on our hike today.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We checked in to our hotel and headed out on a hike. Lots of blooming flowers and trees!
Heart 0 Comment 0
I've seen a few of these today. Bill S. I hope you can shed some light on what this is.
Heart 0 Comment 1
Bill ShaneyfeltNeed closeup of flowers and leaves to do image searches and try to find a match. Likely an exotic species.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Lots of daffodils
Heart 0 Comment 0
Violet?
Heart 0 Comment 1
Bill ShaneyfeltPeriwinkle. An invasive here in Ohio.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinca
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
So pretty
Heart 0 Comment 1
Bill ShaneyfeltLeaves look like blackberry.

https://www.calflora.org/cgi-bin/species_query.cgi?where-calrecnum=7202
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Huge old growth stump
Heart 0 Comment 0
Eel River
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0