All the Way Down Down Down to Tucson - Promise me Fun and Sun! - CycleBlaze

March 14, 2020

All the Way Down Down Down to Tucson

Back to Tucson

Up and out again this morning, leaving Sonoita around 9am. It was 34 degrees this morning but by the time 9 rolled around it was warm enough to ride without leggings for some of us.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Today started with a climb which warmed us up further.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The rest of the day we descended - 50 some miles and almost 4000 feet of gliding along. It was fun! And it was Sunny! What a great last day of the tour.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Beautiful scenery
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lots of rolling hills
Heart 0 Comment 0
Mountains all around us
Heart 0 Comment 0
Desert plants for miles
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lunch was an adventure today. Charlie found an Italian lunch spot. As we were waiting to turn into it, I spotted a food truck so five off us shot off to check it out. We had wonderful burritos and someone told us the next driveway up was a coffee shop so we headed over and met Rachel.
Heart 0 Comment 1
Kelly IniguezWhere was this? What town? We are headed to the Tucson area in a couple of weeks.

Kelly
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
We had a yummy lunch!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rachel draws on the cups when she doesn't have customers. She is amazing. Don't you think she sound sell these?
Heart 0 Comment 0
Next door was a dance studio and little Bradon had a ball and a bat in the back yard. Chris noticed him and offered to throw him his ball. He ran into the studio to ask his mom and after he got the okay, he and Chris played ball
Heart 1 Comment 0
We all met up at the coffee shop for coffee and then headed back out on the road.
Heart 0 Comment 0
I couldn't see well enough to get a good shot of these flowers.
Heart 0 Comment 1
Bill ShaneyfeltLooks like Parry's beardtongue (Penstemon), as you note in the picture below.

http://swbiodiversity.org/seinet/taxa/index.php?taxon=3226

The yellow ones look like desert marigold.

http://southwestdesertflora.com/WebsiteFolders/All_Species/Asteraceae/Baileya_multiradiata.html

And as you noted in the closeup, the orange ones are globemallow.

Nice photo!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Penstamin
Heart 0 Comment 0
Globe Mallow
Heart 0 Comment 2
Bill ShaneyfeltBee youtiful! :-)
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Janet Anspach-RickeyTo Bill ShaneyfeltWhat's the Buzzzzzzz?
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
We stopped at the mission just as they were closing up.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our fearless leader
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another flat just 3 miles from our hotel. It was a piece of glass and he had it patched in five minutes.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Margaret met us at the hotel with a giant pizza! She lives near by for the winter but will be back up north in a few weeks. One of the sweetest woman I know. So good to see her. We had a nice visit.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Paul and Diane came and Charlie and Carol drove over to the food Co-op and brought back lots of good food. We pulled a bunch of chairs over outside our room and had a fun visit. I forgot to take pictures!

Tomorrow we will head for Scottsdale for some more riding with Chris and maybe some hikes. Come follow along with us. 

Today's ride: 66 miles (106 km)
Total: 151 miles (243 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0