Laneway Exploring - Here Comes the Sun, Spain 2022 - CycleBlaze

May 19, 2022

Laneway Exploring

The epic ride yesterday earned me rights to a glass of champagne with breakfast. Ditto for David but he was just as happy with a sip. The fresh squeezed orange juice is so delicious, I just had to go with the mimosa. Besides, it is the one part of the breakfast buffet I had yet to sample.

Heart 6 Comment 1
Keith ClassenColor coordinated breakfast - yummy!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

 Mallorca has miles and miles of small roads and laneways and we decided to check them out today. We also had a special meetup. By coincidence, fellow Cycleblazers Scott and Pat Fenwick are also cycling in Mallorca and we have arranged to meet for drinks in Buger at 11am.

I am truly falling behind on the journal, so here are the photos from today's ride, a bit of a recovery ride.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Olive trees. These are tough trees. Their trunks tell a story, if only I could read it.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 1
Bill ShaneyfeltLoquat? My brother near Hilo, HI has some.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loquat#/media/File:Loquat-0.jpg
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Artichokes.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The beach at Platja de Muro, before the hordes arrive.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
The wind surfers were out in force between Alcudia and PP to catch the wind. There is a school here so they welcome first timers.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We returned to the Menu del Dei for dinner to celebrate the ride to Sa Calobra. This is the place that I neglected to take pictures on day 1 when we had seafood raviolo and cesar salad. The presentation is beautiful and they get top marks from us.

Heart 3 Comment 0
Vongole with eggplant, clams and shrimp.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Elevation gain: 5358 metres.

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 61 km (38 miles)
Total: 304 km (189 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Patty BarronA well-deserved mini rest day, after the previous crazy hill- climbs & insane descents to Sa Calobra!!
Continue having the rides of your lives!! 👏🙌
Reply to this comment
1 year ago