Well we haven't moved backward - but we are staying - Exploring Germany, Czech Republic and beyond... on our Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

July 14, 2014

Well we haven't moved backward - but we are staying

We had such a good night here - Germany won the cup (exciting to be in Germany for that!), we spent the evening with fellow travellers from Switzerland, Holland and Germany, slept well and were charged up ready to go.
Barry took the bike to a nearby mechanic and replaced the tire, got a new pump and found a Bikeline map book of the Havel Bike Route. All in all, a good morning. But, when he returned, the rain began in earnest. We have seen heavy rain this trip, but this was exceptional. The sidewalks were flooding and the downspouts were waterfalls. We couldn't believe it.
The weather would briefly clear and then the rain would start again. We finally threw in the towel and asked if we could stay another night. Thankfully they had room for us, so we're staying put.
22 euros per person for our own room with linens and breakfast - a good deal.
Usually when we stay at a Hostel, we dread school groups being with us. Three different groups arrived this morning and we were very surprised at how well it has gone. The facilities here are very good for kids with a great playground that has kept them busy.
It has been a good an productive day - bike is fixed, hand laundry done, journal almost up to date and we stayed dry.
We're hoping for better weather tomorrow.

The rain is just beginning...
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our bike needs some TLC from qualified professionals. The dirt and gravel and cobble paths have taken their toll on the rear tire.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Capturing the German World Cup victory on the Youth Hostel TV. It was a very exciting moment for all of us.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Watching the game with Vadim (Muller jersey) and his wife and the others at the hostel.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0