We take the train back to Germany - Exploring Germany, Czech Republic and beyond... on our Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

August 1, 2014

We take the train back to Germany

We decided to take the 12:30 train back to Berlin. Yesterday we went to the train station to book our tickets and choose our seats. The woman at the ticket booth didn't speak any english. We hoped that we were able to get two seats together. On our way to Poznan from Berlin we purchased our tickets from the ticket machine and requested two window seats. Well, we got aisle seats and they were in different parts of the train. Just when we think we are becoming competent at using the machine.
We were pleased to discover when we boarded the train today that we were in a compartment for six people and that we were sitting together. Our fellow passengers were the kind of people that you hope to have as neighbours in a campground.... mellow but friendly. When we got to main train station in Berlin we were met with massive crowds of people. Friday in the summer is a very busy day to travel on the trains. Cora has told us not to try to take our bike on a train on Friday when we return to Limburg, and we certainly agree.
Having ridden the train on a few trips to Berlin, we easily made a connection to return to Karin's house in lots of time for dinner. It was great to have time to have a visit with her before our departure the next morning. We enjoyed a wonderful evening of dinner on the patio, Skype with her brother in Canada, many games of Farkle and we also waited in vain for Mr. Fox to make an appearance. We think that our "foreign" presence here has spooked him. We know that he eats the food, but he doesn't make an appearance as usual.

Barry having his breakfast at our Air BnB apartment.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We were very comfortable in our studio apt. with a small well equipped kitchen.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The inner courtyard of the apartment building - all newly renovated.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We found this well stocked china shop near our apt. and we treated ourselves to some hand made Polish pottery.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We loved this small casserole but couldn't figure out how to carry it on our bike.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Beelitz-Heilstatten - the train station we used to go to Berlin.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltThat train station could use a little revitalization. :)
Reply to this comment
5 months ago
Our last evening with Karin and she made another memorable meal: slowly roasted pork in a delicious gravy, the best sauerkraut ever and potatoes.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A lovely evening on the patio with Karin followed up by a round of Farkle.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0