We stay with Karin - Exploring Germany, Czech Republic and beyond... on our Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

July 23, 2014

We stay with Karin

Karin has graciously welcomed us into her home with good food, lots of conversation in German/English/Spanish and a cottage on her property for sleeping. Having just met her, we already feel at home here. It feels like we have known each other for a long time. We do share the bond of her brother Kurt, but we are also finding common areas of interest. Karin's love of travel is just one of these.
We saw her pictures of Tanzania and of other trips.
The train to Berlin is very close by and we will use our stay here as a base for exploring Berlin and for visiting with Karin.

A unique bungalow at the campground in Werden.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Getting ready to head out after camping here. We are checking the route to Karin's house in Fitchenwalde. Looking forward to meeting her.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We couldn't believe our eyes - another Pino tandem. We love these bikes. We called out to them and had a brief visit.
Heart 1 Comment 0
This couple are from near Leipzig and they also love their Pino.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
The route to Karin's is great - through the forest on great trails. We are now riding the R1 route that goes from France to St. Petersburg.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We're almost there.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
The trails are preferable to the autobahn. Bikes are not allowed (nor we want to) on the freeway.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Karin made us a special welcome meal of Schnitzel, spaergel (white asparagus - yummy) and salad. It was so nice to meet her and to eat on her terrace overlooking her pretty garden.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltI love spargel!!
Reply to this comment
6 months ago
A delicious welcome to Fitchenwalde.
Heart 1 Comment 0
"Mr. Fox" visits Karin every evening for his treats. He is shy but has done this for a few years.
Heart 1 Comment 0
He quickly dashes away when he sees strangers in his yard. But he does come back for his meal.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 25 km (16 miles)
Total: 1,986 km (1,233 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0