We enjoy a training ride with Georg and Cora - Exploring Germany, Czech Republic and beyond... on our Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

May 29, 2014

We enjoy a training ride with Georg and Cora

We were really looking forward to getting out on our bike and going for an excursion with Georg and Cora through the countryside - and more importantly to a renowned bakery. Today is a religious holiday in Germany. Unfortunately, we couldn't go until we had modified Barry's shoes so that they would work with his Bebop pedals. This task is always more difficult than anticipated. At first, Barry tried to cut the sole with a knife, but after injuring himself, Cora offered to trim the soles of his shoes with her electric dremel.

Barry bought new Giro cycling shoes for the trip. He uses Bebop pedals because they have 20% float and relieve knee pain. However, the shoes have to be cut to accommodate the crank of the pedals - a challenging task that Cora worked hard to achieve.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The burning smell of rubber required that she wear a mask for protection.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Taking a break after climbing a hill.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Barry's choice was a marzipan cake with buttercream and fruit between the layers.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Cora, an experienced visitor to this bakery, knew what she wanted right away.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Happy customers - there are many reasons to ride - but fine pastries are obviously the primary one...and for Georg, one is never enough.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A great place that we hope to return to one day.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A fine sight - a line up of recumbent bikes. And now, to try and burn off those delicious calories.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The picture shows the high quality of bike paths in Germany.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We stumbled onto a train exhibit while out on our ride. The exhibit included a variety of interesting train cars and the music of a live soul band.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 41 km (25 miles)
Total: 41 km (25 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0