Day 61 North Branch MI to Marysville MI - 2 Biking Hobos - CycleBlaze

August 17, 2023

Day 61 North Branch MI to Marysville MI

We said goodbye to the animals on our way out this morning
Heart 0 Comment 0
Love the cow
Heart 0 Comment 0
Goodby horses
Heart 0 Comment 0
Good bye pups. Keep protecting your animals.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The ride out was so peaceful
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another farm
Heart 0 Comment 0
Letting us know and we did see two Amish Buggies go by
Heart 0 Comment 0
Unique barn
Heart 1 Comment 0
Hubs just rewards for a hard ride today
Heart 1 Comment 0
Funny how we keep seeing eagles!
Heart 2 Comment 0

It was 64° when we got up this morning. I didn’t have to wear my hat or gloves but did double my jackets. We said good bye to Doreen, Pat and the animals. It was a great morning to be out early, the sun was coming up, we rode on hard packed dirt road through a couple of farms. Some people relax in the morning with their coffee but this little bit of riding before we got to the main road was calming for me. We got back on bike route 20 with a wide shoulder and nice roads. The road does have traffic but with the wide shoulders it makes it a bit easier to pedal. We went 21 miles before we had to turn into the headwind. We then had over 16 miles of 18 mph headwinds. Not fun at all! We wanted to make it to the turn before the rains came as we didn’t want headwinds and rain at the same time. We did make it but with 20 more miles to go we knew we couldn’t outride the rain so we stopped and ate our sandwiches while we were dry. Off we went again and about 9 miles from our motel we got on a paved bike trail which was nice  but we soon had to put on our rain gear as it came down. It felt sooo good when we finally arrived. When we walked into the motel, I announced that “The two drowned rats have finally made it”. Our socks were so wet we had to wring them out. I don’t even know if they will be dry in the morning. Tomorrow we head to Chatham Canada. (Hopefully they will allow 2 biking hobos in the country 🥰)

Today's ride: 57 miles (92 km)
Total: 1,117 miles (1,798 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Phil/Ann DettwilerSuch an exciting journey; love, love reading your daily journal snd your pictures are really arty (love that word) and will make for a spectacular book. Your spunk re the rain gear is beyond admirable. And ….. of course you will keep seeing eagles. 5 times more often, prob. Wishing you spectacular roads in Canada; am anxious to read tomorrow’s entry already. And Pat, Doreen and Trace (with their animals AND their signing) are definitely our kind of people. We are sitting on our screened in porch relaxing with 62 degrees….readying for 3-4 days of 90’s. Fearful you could see that, although you be above it. Hope so.
Until tomorrow’s read……ahhhh.
A&P
Reply to this comment
8 months ago