Day 34 Horace ND - 2 Biking Hobos - CycleBlaze

July 21, 2023

Day 34 Horace ND

We decided that we were going to stay another day with our Warm Showers hosts, Mara and Warren. Mara made us a great breakfast of yogurt parfaits, fresh eggs from their chickens,  home made bread and bacon. Warren offers to take Hubs and I into Fargo as he had left his credit card at a restaurant there and needed to pick it up. Mara was going to stay home as two bikers from Germany were expected to show up today. So off the 3 of us went into Fargo. Hubs and I never realized exactly how big Fargo is. I saw the movie years ago and thought that it was just a small town but it is huge. We went to a really nice bike store to get some biking things and then we had to go to have our picture taken with the infamous shredder from the movie.  We did stop at a brewery that someone had told us about to have drinks and then we got ice cream cones. After that Warren took us around town before he picked up his credit card. On the way back to the farm he also showed us how the new dam was going to change the land. People’s houses that were being bought so they can use the land to redirect the water to control the flooding in the future. When we got back we all sat and relaxed on the porch having a great time. The 2 Germans called and said they were about 10 miles out and would be there in a bit. When they arrived, we had introductions, chatted a bit and then they took there showers before dinner. At dinner we had a lot of questions for them. They are work colleagues, both into banking for the federal reserve, have a 4 month visa and was biking from New York City to Seattle. Their names are Andreas and Thomas. This is Andrea’s first time biking in the states. He has been wanting to do this since he was a young boy. Thomas has biked here before with someone else. It was great meeting them and I hope they have a safe and joyful rest of there journey. Tomorrow we say goodbye to  North Dakota and hello to Minnesota. We are headed to Ferguson Falls MN.

Just a neat thing so I took a picture
Heart 0 Comment 0
The brewery we stopped at
Heart 0 Comment 0
Inside the brewery
Heart 1 Comment 0
Inside the brewery
Heart 1 Comment 0
Inside the brewery
Heart 1 Comment 0
Getting our drinks
Heart 1 Comment 0
Up close shot of our drinks
Heart 1 Comment 0
Yes the infamous Fargo Shredder
Heart 1 Comment 0
Pushing down the foot
Heart 2 Comment 0
Hubs getting in on the fun
Heart 3 Comment 0
This is the place that Warren left his credit card. It had about 30 pool tables, corn hole and out back a Sandy volley ball court
Heart 1 Comment 0
This is Warren and Mara Sloberg, our warm showers hosts. Awesome, awesome people. We could have stayed for a week that’s how enjoyable they are. So glad we met them.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Q
This is Thomas and Andreas. Before the Berlin Wall came down, Thomas lived in East Berlin and Andreas lived in West Germany. We has so many questions for them and they were gracious enough to answer them all. Safe travels you two.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Debbie ColeWhat were you and Warren drinking. They didn't look like beer. Hahaha you were talking about the damn. Did you know that's what happened to Paula's house?
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Lois AlexanderTo Debbie ColeMine was called Eyes Cream. It was strawberry with vodka. Warren had some kind of slushy and I’d course Gary’s was an IPA. Are you talking about Paula’s house where she grew up?
Reply to this comment
9 months ago