Day 25 Conrad MT to Great Falls MT - 2 Biking Hobos - CycleBlaze

July 12, 2023

Day 25 Conrad MT to Great Falls MT

Silos when we were leaving Conrad
Heart 3 Comment 0
Older water tower in Brady
Heart 2 Comment 0
Silos in Brady
Heart 1 Comment 0
Neat looking bar in Brady
Heart 3 Comment 0
Newer Brady water tower
Heart 1 Comment 0
Just a view
Heart 1 Comment 0
Miles to go
Heart 1 Comment 0
This is what Hubs thought was a deer
Heart 1 Comment 0
Here is a closer shot
Heart 1 Comment 1
Dutton water tower
Heart 1 Comment 0
Nice view
Heart 2 Comment 0
Livestock Auction Site
Heart 1 Comment 0
Just rewards
Heart 2 Comment 1
Edward GriecoHere we go again , 😂. 🍻
Reply to this comment
9 months ago

We knew today was going to be a long ride with 2 climbs. We headed out around 7 AM and hadn’t quite got out of town when we saw the first climb. It was a long one, around 1 1/2 miles long. We got through it and at some point we had to turn right onto Frontage Rd. It was nice as there wasn’t hardly any traffic the whole time we were on it. It was like our own 2 lanes bike path. We tooled along pretty well for 22 miles and came to a town called Brady. Not much there but I did get a couple of pictures especially of the old bar. At around 28-29 miles we came to a town called Dutton. We decided to take a break there and Hubs found a little coffee shop that had desserts we could stop at. It felt great being able to sit at a table instead of the bike seat for awhile. Right after we left Dutton we started getting the side winds again. They were not as bad as yesterday but they still slow you down a bit. We of course got to see the trains as we have pretty much daily now. I enjoy seeing them and the length of them is unreal. We had a lot of rollers all afternoon and only 1 good down hill. Seems like it was an up hill day today. Hubs thought he saw a deer in a field that was just watching us but then thinks it was a pronghorn. He just stood there and watched us ride by. He was probably thinking, what the hell are those  with those stupid things on their heads. I guess if you are in Montana at some point you will come to a Livestock Auction. I am  so glad there weren’t any animals there, especially my girlfriends. We finally stopped on the side of the road around 2 pm to eat our sandwiches. We still had another 13 miles to go to get to Great Falls. It was 60 miles and we averaged 9 mph witch was really good for having two climbs, the rollers and the wind. Of course it took us longer to find our motel. We needed to do laundry but decided we would go for drinks and dinner and come back to do it. Wouldn’t you know someone left their clothes in the 2 washers so we came back to the room. We went back 15 minutes later and still they didn’t take the clothes out so I did and put them in a dryer for now. If they haven’t come back by the time our clothes are done then I will put their clothes back in the washer. I can’t be up all night doing laundry when I have another 60+ mile day tomorrow.🤨😜. Tomorrow we head to Stanford MT.

Today's ride: 63 miles (101 km)
Total: 2,713 miles (4,366 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Edward GriecoYou did great 60 big ones at 9 mph. Don’t let Gary push ya to hard ,
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Nancy & Bruce AlexanderExcellent day guys! Too bad that cool bar in Brady wasn't open! Those side winds are terrible to ride in....... but the scenery is beautiful! Tell the next farm of Girls I said Hello!
Reply to this comment
9 months ago