Day 6 - Cahors to Puy l'Eveque - Tour des Deux Vallees - Tandem Tour - September 2019 - CycleBlaze

September 29, 2019

Day 6 - Cahors to Puy l'Eveque

Heart 0 Comment 0

This was probably the second-best day of our tour. This is really a sweet place to ride bikes!

We started off crossing the Pont Valentré that we had visited the day before.

Too bumpy to ride and we wanted to enjoy the scenery anyway
Heart 0 Comment 0

As we worked our way out through the suburbs of Cahors, the busier roads had dedicated bike paths. But soon we were out in the country again on one-lane roads.

Again, nice roads!
Heart 0 Comment 0

It was a day of ups and downs. Up along the side of the valley, then down along the river. We stopped for a coffee in Luzech, and had our lunch next to a tumble-down chateau near Floiras. The views were always amazing.

The village of Albas
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our lunch stop. Needs some TLC, clearly.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We rolled into Puy l'Eveque in the early afternoon - again, another beautiful village.

Puy l'Eveque on a sleepy fall Sunday afternoon
Heart 2 Comment 1
Scott AndersonOne of my favorite touring memories is of biking into this town and arriving at our room less than five minutes before a fierce electrical storm broke out.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago

We were too early to check into "Le Presbytere" - the B&B we had reserved for the night. So we had drinks on the small terrace in front of the Hotel Henry and watched the world go by. Loud motorcycles seem to be popular in this part of France.

We wasted enough time, then climbed up the hill to our B&B. The friendly hosts stuck our tandem into the garage and we were soon cleaned up and enjoying the views from the top of the hill.

Nice visuals!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Finding an open restaurant on Sunday night can be tough, so we opted to go back to the friendly Hotel Henry for dinner.

Another great cycling day.

Today's ride: 53 km (33 miles)
Total: 250 km (155 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0