Day 2 - St-Antonin-Noble-Val to Najac - Tour des Deux Vallees - Tandem Tour - September 2019 - CycleBlaze

September 25, 2019

Day 2 - St-Antonin-Noble-Val to Najac

Heart 0 Comment 0

Another grey morning, but it could have been worse. It could have been raining!

We enjoyed a copious breakfast at the B&B, enjoying conversation with a British couple and an Australian couple who were also staying there. Then it was time to hit the road.

We followed beautiful, empty roads along the river valley to Laguepie. Here's a sample of the countryside from one of our snack stops.

Beautiful cycling country
Heart 0 Comment 0

Another action shot, taken by the tour photographer (Robin).

Nice roads and no cars!
Heart 0 Comment 0

After about 19k, we rolled leisurely into Laguepie.

Laguepie in site - someone's burning brush up there.
Heart 0 Comment 0

After an equally leisurely lunch, we started the hard part of the day - climbing over a mountain from Laguepie to Najac. The road doesn't follow the river beyond Laguepie. Hence we suffered. Much walking was done, but eventually we crested the hills and descended into Najac, accompanied by lovely vistas.

Najac up ahead. Really up.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Our hotel "La Belle Rive" was (luckily) at the bottom of the hill. We were too early to check in but they gave us the code to the garage where we would store the tandem. We did some quick changing in the garage and headed out to discover Najac. It was quite a climb up to the village from the hotel.

It was well worth the climb, though. What a beautiful place! I could post 40 or 50 beautiful pictures that Robin took, but I'll just post this one to give an idea of what awaited us.

Najac village with the castle in the distance.
Heart 2 Comment 0

We thoroughly explored the village, castle, and churches, then walked back to the hotel the easy way - on the main road. There were cows.

Because Cows...
Heart 0 Comment 0

Once we got back to the hotel, we were able to check in. With the cycling plus the walking, we were pretty tired. We relaxed and enjoyed the view.

Nice visuals
Heart 0 Comment 0

We had just enough energy to eat dinner in the hotel's restaurant. Good food and drink, and a good night's sleep listening to the river. Life is good.

Today's ride: 31 km (19 miles)
Total: 97 km (60 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0