Day 0: Montreal to Paris - Grampies Tour de France Spring 2018 - CycleBlaze

March 26, 2018

Day 0: Montreal to Paris

We are calling this Day Zero, establishing it as the first real day of the trip, even if it is a "zero". The rationale is that today we are leaving our home country,  and you can be sure our travel insurance has also begun from now - in their case counting the moments until we arrive back safely with no claim.

But we are counting the moments until we finally set off pedaling.  That will not happen until about Day 5.  There will still be lots of travel fun in between. We are sitting now at the gate in Montreal, and it's evening. By morning we will walk out into Paris.  Paris! The city is still full of glamour for us. Even so far as the city's  tourist attractions go we have nowhere near seen it all.  And this time, it's going to be one day and we're gone. But we do have some new friends there, and they have promised to take us to a restaurant in the East Indian quartier. That will sure be new. But wait for Day 1 for that report.

The highlight of Day Zero, other than going through the airport with no bikes, was watching videos with the kids. Two out of three claimed to be sick. I'm sure their illnesses were eased by having grandparents and videos to sit with. 

The children, and Joshua and Sabrina gave us a really nice sendoff. We sure do love them! Watch this space soon for a photo of Grampies and the three littles.

The Littles say goodbye
Heart 4 Comment 1
Marvin PaxmanOh what a lovely shot! Absolutely love it!
Reply to this comment
6 years ago
Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 3
Michel FleuranceSteve Dodie,
I just saw you waving from your window seat .... 😀
Landed on CDG at 10:40 am.
After 5224 km and 6 hours 33 minutes flight
All screens shots in drop box.

Welcome in Paris

Michel
Reply to this comment
6 years ago
Marvin PaxmanTo Michel FleuranceMichel, where do you get the tracking image with all the airplanes on it? That was really impressive!
(Also, I hope we have a chance to meet you one day. But this summer I do not think we will be near the Loire)
Reply to this comment
6 years ago
Michel FleuranceI use https://www.flightradar24.com/
I just sent you an e-mail so you can see all the screen shots I did while the Grampies were sleeping in the plane last night, crusing at 39 000 ft with an outside temperature of -68°C.

Yeh, I would be happy to meet you one day on our small planet earth.
Reply to this comment
6 years ago