From Bad Hersfeld to Rotenburg - Three Reasons for Riding Across Europe - CycleBlaze

August 8, 2015

From Bad Hersfeld to Rotenburg

Today was really a much better day for me. I haven't been feeling at all well over the last couple of days and it has of course been extremely hot though slightly better today and today we were blessed by a heavy downpour. Again it was a beautiful ride once more through gorgeous countryside and beside and occasionally through the small villages that cling to the sides of the valley.

We reached Rotenburg by about 10.30, the hotel is really great - such a change from last night's one and the lady at reception let us check in straight away. So it was showers then I had a long sleep.

I came to and we wandered this beautiful old town which is full of half timbered houses. As well as the lovely houses the town has many bronze figures right through it. They are mainly of country people and their animals of 2 to 3 hundred years ago.

We are leaving the decision of what to do tomorrow till the morning but the most likely thing is that we will do another short day of around 30km.

A bit sad that The ABs have been beaten by the Aussies but I suppose they need it after the ASHES debacle.

Houses in Rotenburg
Heart 0 Comment 0
More houses
Heart 0 Comment 0
And more
Heart 0 Comment 0
Bronze figures
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 35 km (22 miles)
Total: 272 km (169 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0