A day in Gieselberder: All is well - Three Reasons for Riding Across Europe - CycleBlaze

August 12, 2015

A day in Gieselberder: All is well

We were beginning to get into the rhythm of the hospital so now knew that around 8 someone would take some blood from me and we would have to wait one or two hours for the results to see if they were still OK. About an hour and a half later in came a smiling Artze with some English and carrying my discharge letter. Could she order us a taxi? We can't of course make head or tail of the letter but it seems that they think that probably what happened is that as a result of a long plane trip, extremely high temperatures and not enough to drink I just got very dehydrated. Nothing sinister showed up and now that I am properly hydrated my blood results are near normal. We are extremely grateful to the hospital which really is only a cottage hospital and impressed by the way that with German efficiency it is linked to the larger one where more extensive tests could be done.

There were two very smiley people who made there way down the hill in the taxi to be met at the Pension by a very welcoming Ericka. We are of course going to stay put today and tomorrow will slowly begin to wend our way down the Wesser. Actually we have been having a lovely day. We have been wandering around the lovely little village and joined up with Petra and Jan from near Hamburg for lunch. They of course were on a cycle tour and were passing through. Their electric assist bikes really interested me, apparently they can do between 60 and 90 km before charging and charging is easy - you just take the batteries off, carry them to your room and charge them in around 5 hours. I think that we will investigate further when we get home. So all is well that ends well and I feel great.

I am off see the smile
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lunch with Petra and Jan
Heart 0 Comment 0
And Ken even saw a Deutz
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0