Singapore: Birding at the Botanic Gardens - The third step ... The rising sun upon our backs - CycleBlaze

July 4, 2017

Singapore: Birding at the Botanic Gardens

Today is our nineteenth wedding anniversary but my cold is really getting in the way of enjoying it.

Struggling with my cold.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Leigh did the right thing and forced me out of bed to cycle to Botanic Gardens so we could see a bit of Singapore and do some birding.

On the way we stopped off at a camping shop to get a new gas canister. The guy at the shop was incredibly friendly and easy to talk to. I think both Leigh and I have clicked with Singapore quite quickly.

The birding was good, even though we were there in the heat of the day. Apart from re-acquainting ourselves with the common South East Asian birds, we picked up three lifers in the form of Javan Myna, Pink-breasted Green-Pigeon and Asian Glossy Starling.

We've had four meals since we got to Singapore, all of quite different cuisines. I'm not sad to see the back of kimchi.

We're staying in a mainly Muslim quarter in the historic Joo Chiat Road. With Ramadan having come to end, there are still reminders of the celebration of Eid in the streets.

Eid celebration lights
Heart 0 Comment 0
No durian ! Durian season seems to be in full swing.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 27 km (17 miles)
Total: 2,441 km (1,516 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0